MSV exemplar data is available
Created on Thursday, 27 October 2011 06:59
The goal of the project is:
- Define an interactive visualisation paradigm for biomedical multiscaledata
- Validate it on the large collections produced by the VPH projects
- Develop a concrete implementation as an open-source extension to theVisualization Tool Kit (VTK), ready to be incorporated by virtually any biomedical modelling software project.
During the last months, a set of exemplar data has been collected to drive the development phase of the project that will start at 2012. Most of the data is publicly available and you can access here. Exemplar data from the following domains is available: Cardiology, Cerebral aneurysm, Musculoskeletal modelling, Neuroimaging, Oncology, Virtual Colonoscopy, Human anatomy, Mouse Atlas or Zebrafish embryo.
The available data provides examples focusing on the challenges described in the project:
- Integration of information in different spatial scales: there's a broad range of spatial scales: organ, tissue, cell and genetics,
- Integration of data in the same reference system: different data should be integrated into the same reference system
- Very large amount of data in each scale: Some datasets size are about 20 Gb
- Gaps between scales: Small portion of tissue level data is available in some cases
- Heterogeneous data types: surface meshes, volumetric images or volumetric meshes are provided.
- Heterogeneous dimensionality: Data in 1D, 2D, 3D and 3D+T is provided
- High dimensionality: Some examples include DTI images or simulation results with vector data.
- Interactive visualization: Interactive visualization is required for all examples